Thursday 17 March 2016

Green Smoothies for St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patty's day!
I totally forgot about the holiday until the drive to Pilate this morning when I heard it on the radio. Then, at Pilates, everyone (except me) was dressed in green workout clothes! Ah, how I missed my bright green workout shirt today...
So, as a late celebration for the green holiday, I decided to have a green smoothie lunch.


Green Smoothie:

2 cups baby spinach or baby kale (or 2 leaves large kale)
1 banana (preferably frozen)
1 pinch green stevia leaf powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1+ tsp coconut sugar (to taste)
1/4 scoop VegaOne Vanilla Chai Nutritional Shake
optional 1 tsp chia seeds

Blend until smooth & enjoy!



Variation:
Instead of the coconut sugar, add a handful of frozen berries or frozen peaches & use whatever protein powder you have on hand (or omit the protein altogether).


Picture from: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/03/20/17/49/green-682620_960_720.jpg  (labelled for reuse)

No comments: